Friday, April 6, 2012

braids, etc.

Braids are the go-to hairstyle this season. I've seen french braids, fishtail braids, crown braids, pig-tail braids, beehive braids, upside down braids, braids leading to buns, and heidi braids-- to name a few.

          
 
So a few weeks ago I started experimenting with different braids. For inspiration, I watched this tutorial from She Lets Her Hair Down on inside-out crown braids. 


http://www.sheletsherhairdown.com/2012/02/crown-braid-and-rag-curls-video.html

Since my hair is not long enough to complete the crown, I decided to just go with a sweeping, inside-out braid.


I've been sporting this style for a few weeks now, so when I went to go see The Hunger Games movie last weekend, I was surprised to see the main character wearing the same sweeping, inside-out braid!


It's a great hairstyle, because you can put your hair into it first thing in the morning (it even helps when it is a little wet from showering), and then take it down in the evening for some fun waves. 

I'm also loving the braids appearing in fashion. Checkout these cute interwoven yarn necklaces from Sally J Shim's blog


So easy and so fun! I love the hint of pink neon in the gray necklace. Seems like a great way to use extra yarn from misc. knitting projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...