I wanted a larger Moto Vest, so I initially cast on 58 stitches in Cascade 128 Superwash in Doeskin Heather (1926) on size US10 needles. Unfortunately I lost track of exactly how much yarn I used, but I think it was about six skeins. I knit flat using circular needles, because I find it easier to transport my knitting when it is on circular needles, and I like to knit on my subway commute. After I finished the two major parts and sewed up the seams, I wet blocked the vest. It took a few days for it to dry completely as the ribbing is pretty thick, but I am really happy with how it turned out.
On a recent trip to Block Island, I posed for these pictures. It was a great garment to have on the chilly New England nights that come even in July, and I look forward to wearing it layered with flannel and denim this fall. I also have some extra yarn from this project, so I might try to make a smaller version of this vest for me, or maybe a little sweater for Mae the adorable pug featured above.
Read my Moto Vest Update 1.