Sunday, July 12, 2015

anna knits - moto vest update 2

A few months ago I decided to join the Woolful March Knitalong and make the Moto Vest pattern designed by Shelli Westcott of Knitterly. It took me a little longer than a month to finish this project - and even longer to find time to take pictures for this post - but it was actually a pretty quick knit. The pattern basically consists of two scarves (one long around the front of the body, the other shorter and down the back) joined together. It is a wonderful beginners garment.

I wanted a larger Moto Vest, so I initially cast on 58 stitches in Cascade 128 Superwash in Doeskin Heather (1926) on size US10 needles. Unfortunately I lost track of exactly how much yarn I used, but I think it was about six skeins. I knit flat using circular needles, because I find it easier to transport my knitting when it is on circular needles, and I like to knit on my subway commute. After I finished the two major parts and sewed up the seams, I wet blocked the vest. It took a few days for it to dry completely as the ribbing is pretty thick, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

On a recent trip to Block Island, I posed for these pictures. It was a great garment to have on the chilly New England nights that come even in July, and I look forward to wearing it layered with flannel and denim this fall. I also have some extra yarn from this project, so I might try to make a smaller version of this vest for me, or maybe a little sweater for Mae the adorable pug featured above.

Read my Moto Vest Update 1.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...