Wednesday, February 13, 2013

anna crochets - heart bookmark

Since it is Valentine's Day week, I've been experimenting with crochet hearts. I ended up making a bookmark, which I am really happy with. Here is the pattern for you to try:


~ Crochet Heart Bookmark Pattern Idea ~

I used Cascade 220 worsted weight yarn in red and pink and an H/8 5.00mm crochet hook. Please note that this is less of a pattern and more of a pattern idea as you will be required to crochet a heart based on your own preference. There are many tutorials out there for crocheting hearts. Good luck!

Step 1: Crochet a heart. I used this photo pattern from the blog Cornflower Blue Studio  Please see below**.
Step 2: Crochet a second heart.
Step 3: Attach a second color yarn with a slip stitch to one of the hearts.
Step 4: Chain 30 (or as long as you like).
Step 5: Attach the other end of the chain to the second heart.
Step 6: Tie in loose ends.


Have a happy Valentine's Day!

** (12/10/14) A reader alerted me that the Cornflower Blue Studio pattern is no longer accessible. I found the same pattern with great instructions on another blog, a creative being.  Enjoy!

*** (2/12/17) Unfortunately the link from a creative being is also no longer accessible. Thanks to reader Madeleine for letting me know! I found a tutorial for making the same type of crochet hearts on Youtube from Chic and Cheap (Easiest Crochet Heart Tutorial). Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

  1. If I knew how to crochet a heart, I wouldn't have clicked on the pattern. It's like giving a recipe for baked chicken and it consist of: Bake the chicken, put it on a platter, serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva! Did you view the crochet heart pattern from Cornflower Blue: http://cornflowerbluestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-crochet-heart-photo-tutorial.html

    It is very easy to follow! And then if you want to make a bookmark with your hearts, come back here :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the link says I am not invited to read that blog, not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen -- please take note of the amendment I added on 12/10/14, which is located at the bottom of the pattern. It directs you to another website as the initial link seems to not work anymore. Here is the direct link: http://winkieflash.nl/2013/02/04/free-pattern-little-hearts/

      Delete
    2. I just edited the text to make it a little clearer. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. The newer link no longer works either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, Madeleine! I will update the page, but in the meantime, you can find an easy tutorial for making crochet hearts on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EvTAIFM_U

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! Through youtube, I found an easy way to make a heart, but I wanted a linking chain to make it a bookmark. Your idea was greatly needed. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...