Sunday, April 15, 2012

anna cooks - dinner

Ok, I'm going to brag a little bit -- I made a wonderful dinner tonight. I wanted to share the recipes, because the meal turned out so well. Plus it was easy to make and easy on the wallet.

The main dish was Braised Chicken with Shallots, which is available as a free recipe on the Martha Stewart webpage. I initially found the recipe in the book Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day. I bought my book at Marshalls -- best place to buy cook books!





I unfortunately didn't take any pictures of my meal because my boyfriend and I gobbled it up so fast, but this is what it looked like. (Really it did!)


When I made this meal before, I served it with french bread or rice, but this time I made popovers. I had never made them before, but they were super easy and delicious! Luckily for me, my roommate has great popover cups that are stick-proof. I just used a recipe from All Recipes. It had gotten a bunch of positive reviews, which I've found to be a reliable way to  judge recipes online. 


We finished the meal with some chocolate covered orange rinds my boyfriend brought back from Paris when he visited a few weeks ago. If you find yourself over there be sure to pick some up at Un Dimanche à Paris: Le Concept-Store tout Chocolat, located at 4-6-8 Cour du Commerce Saint André - Paris 6ème.

I'll definitely be making this meal again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...