I read about Rachel Khoo a few years ago and have been dying to go to her in home restaurant -- but alas it is now closed. You can read more about her at her website.
I modified her recipe, found here, for American measurements, and to make it a bit easier. I left out the rasberries and lemon curd, because I didn't have the right ingredients on hand, but I hope to try it soon.
Lemon Honey Madeleines - makes 18 cookies
What you need:
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1.5 tbsp. honey
- 1 tspn. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. milk (I used half-and-half bc I had it on hand)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tspn. baking soda
-1/8 tspn. salt
What you do:
1. Melt the butter and let cool.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar until pale and frothy.
3. Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add the lemon zest.
4. Mix the honey, vanilla, and milk with the cooled butter, then add to the egg mixture.
5. In two batches, fold in the flour.
6. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight.
7. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven 350F.
8. Heavily butter and flour a 12-shell madeleine tin.
9. Fill the tin with the batter so that each mold is almost filled to the top (you may want to use a pipping bag).
10. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top.
11. Transfer to a cooling rack.
I'm thinking of adding lavender to my next batch, or maybe creating a salted caramel version!