Tuesday, April 24, 2012

anna needlepoints - update 2

So I finished the first round of the pattern for my needlepoint iphone case from Connect Design.


I made a few mistakes, and the thread the kit came with ran out about halfway through, so I had to switch to a thread of a slightly darker hue (notice the color change). All in all though, I'm happy with how it turned out. 


Now I have to decide if I want to fill in the blank spaces with cross-stitch of a contrast color. I'm kind of leaning against it, because I don't want there to be too much thread on the back of the case so that it doesn't fit the phone properly. 

Here is the pattern from Connect Design I used (different colors, of course):



Since I really enjoyed this cross-stitch project, I started looking at patterns online. I found this Downton Abbey inspired pattern from the Etsy shop The Cottage Nest. BTW check out my new "watching now" tab on the right hand sidebar of this blog to see my current tv obsession. Right now it is Downton Abbey Season 2.


Here is another Downton pattern from the Esty shop Book Pilgrim. It made me laugh...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...