Saturday, April 28, 2012

anna knits - small bag

I decided to give the needlepoint iphone case I made away as a gift, and since the person I am giving it to loves little knitted things, I decided to make a small bag to put the case inside instead of using wrapping paper.



The pattern is available for free here. It is meant to be a make-up bag, but I adjusted the pattern to make it fit an iphone snuggly by taking away the edges of the pattern, thereby decreasing the width by 6 rows. I used Noro Kureyon rainbow yarn, which my Aunt gave me, on size 7 needles. It took less than 1 skein. I made the handle using an icord


I fist saw the pattern on Ravlery, and you can see my Ravelry post about it here. I really love some of the other projects Ravelry users put up for the make-up bag. Here is one of my favorites:



The knitter used a used a Fair Isle Knitting and size 3 needles. What a great idea! 

I hope to make a smaller version of this bag with a cotton based yarn to use as little gift bags. They would be great for putting a gift card inside. Here is an example of a Ravelry user's work with a cotton yarn. 



It is always a struggle to find knitting projects for the summer, but this is an easy (but not too easy) and fun one! Do you have any ideas for summer knitting? 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...