Monday, June 25, 2012

dessert, etc. - summer sweets

The fourth of July is a little over a week away, which means it is time to start brainstorming party ideas. My first thought for a party always goes to the food - by which I mean the dessert - and so I was happy to find a  bunch of fun America-themed dessert ideas on pinterest. Here are some of my favorites.

I love these American themed fruit skewers from Party City. It is clever without being overly complicated. 


Another cool way to serve fruit on the fourth is this cookie cutter fruit salad from the blog Wit & Whistle. The author mentions the possibility of adding white rasberries, which I think would be awesome.


Moving away from fruit, I think I might bring back the S'mores on a Stick I made a few weeks ago. They were easy to make, easy to serve, and delicious. Fine the recipe here. You could always replace the pinwheels with mini-American flag toothpicks.


This is not particularly fourth of July themed, but I had to add a few pictures from the Oh Happy Day blog post Giant Banana Split. Now that's my kind of sundae.


Do you have any cool fourth of July dessert ideas? Share them in the comments!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...