Monday, June 4, 2012

anna cooks - dessert

Last night my friend Alyssa had my roommate and I over for dinner and an episode of Downton Abbey. I offered to bring dessert, and ended up making a twist on Ina Garten's Peach and Blueberry Crumble. I love this recipe, because you can swap the fruit depending on what is in season. For this crumble, I decided to use peaches, strawberries, and rhubarb. The result was a cute pink dessert that was perfect for our girls' night.

Peach, Strawberry, Rhubarb Crumble - A Photo Recipe.
The exact ingredients and measurements can be found here.

Step 1: Mix the fruit with lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and flour.


Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients until the butter is the size of peas. 


Step 3: Put the fruit mixture into ramekins and top with the crumble -- add more crumble than you think you need, because it fall down into the ramekin during baking. 

Step 4: Bake with a lined baking sheet under the ramekins at 350F for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.  


Step 5: Top with heavy cream and enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, A friend told me she makes the crumble and puts it in a plastic bag in the freezer. When she needs it she just takes it out of the freezer and pops it on top to bake. Very convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...