Wednesday, June 6, 2012

anna knits - union jack tea cosy update 1

Inspired by the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I finally started my Union Jack tea cosy. Despite the challenging intarsia, I think it is going well so far. I first saw this pattern, which is available as a free Ravelry download, on the knitting blog one sheepish girl, which has some adorable pictures of her Union Jack tea cosy process. Let's hope mine comes out as nice!


I am using Cascade Cotton Rich DK Yarn in Rococco Red (3646),  Navy (2625), and White (8001), which I bought from Jimmy Beans Wool.


I am not used to knitting with cotton yarn, but I like the clean lines it's producing.


Here is how the back looks:


* I used this video from Melissa of the blog Life gets in the way of my Knitting! to help with learning garter stitch intarsia. (Very helpful!)

* I used this video to learn to make pretty bobbins. 

Speaking of British things, check out this great slideshow of Queen Elizabeth's life from Time Magazine:

  PRESS ASSOCIATION / AP

2 comments:

  1. Your tea cosy looks great so far!! Have fun knitting! I loved working on this project too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meredith! It is going much faster than I thought it would which is always nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...