Sunday, July 29, 2012

anna knits - knit pug update 4

Here are 3 things I learned from assembling my knit pug from the book Knit Your Own Dog. I found the pattern to be pretty easy to follow, but there were still some things that were ambiguous. These are my tips:

1. Nose: Don't freak out about the nose. All you have to do is pinch the face together and fold it up to create the signature pug nose. Here is a video that demonstrates this technique.
2. Stuffing: I actually wish I had stuffed my pug a bit more, especially in the chest. The legs can also be liberally stuffed, since they are what keeps the pug standing. I used Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber stuffing. 
3. Seams: The seams were a challenge for me. I had never done mattress stitch before. I used this video to learn how to do the stitch, and then just went off pictures. I want to work more on this aspect if I make another pug. 


My next knit pug will definitely be a black pug, like this guy by hiro25neko.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, your pug turned out great! Love the upturned nose and collar detail. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christina! It was a lot of fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...