Tuesday, October 1, 2013

anna knits - knit octopus 2 + grafting

Pre-assembly octopus:


Post-assembly octopus:


It's my second knit octopus! Like my first, this guy is also going on top of a sea inspired tea cozy for a custom order. 

If you look closely, you may notice that I attached the head to the body/legs a little differently this time. Instead of hastily sewing the two pieces together, I actually read the pattern's directions, and grafted the head to the body as to make the two seams invisible. In other words, I took the first stitch row (before the end row) of the head and attached it to the first stitch row (before the end row) of the body, allowing the end rows to fold inside. 

Ok, so it is a kind of hard to explain. For that, I posted a video on Instagram showing my process. Let me know if you have any further questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...