Monday, July 29, 2013

anna knits - amigurumi octopus


The process:






Read about the knit pug here.
Last week I gave you a sneak peek of my amigurumi octopus. I had some time this weekend to put all the pieces together (it took longer than you'd think) and voila! Here he is.

I used this Octopus pattern by Hansi Singh via Ravelry. It is a great pattern, with detailed pictures to supplement the instructions. It is worth the $6. Instead of worsted weight yarn, I used sport / 5 ply yarn - specifically Kambgarn  in rosebloom and glacier green - with size US2 double pointed needles. This way, the octopus came out a little smaller and more delicate. The only downside was I was unable to double up the pipe-cleaners which fill the legs, making it less moveable.

I am planning to attach the octopus to a large tea cosy I am knitting; something I first saw on Ravelry. I'm not sure it will work out exactly as I envision it, but I'm optimistic!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your finished octopus tea cozy in the kitchen of a friend. Such a unique and inspiring gift and useful, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...