Sunday, October 27, 2013

halloween, etc. - yarn decorations

Looking for some last minute, DIY halloween decorations? Below are three of my favorite halloween yarn creations from the web. They are perfect for those of us who have a stash of leftover odds and ends from knitting/crochet projects.


I love these yarn spiderwebs from the blog Oh Happy Day. I bet they would look cute in a variety of colors. See the full tutorial here


How adorable is this homemade pumpkin garland? It is from the blog Design Improvised. This decoration would look great through Thanksgiving. Learn how to make your own here.

 

These halloween pompoms from the blog Mr Printables are so fun. You can find a great photo tutorial here.   

2 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog! it inspires me to knit...except that i only know how to knit scarves. :P should i take a class to learn how to knit other things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! A class is a good idea, and helps many stay on track for bigger projects (ex. sweaters), but you can also learn a lot from books/ the internet. I learned most of my knitting techniques from the book Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller, and youtube tutorials. If I were you, I would go on Ravelry and find a pattern for a hat using size 7US needles or up. Hats are the perfect next step from scarves. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...