Sunday, October 20, 2013

anna knits - octopus tea cozy 2







I finished my second Octopus Tea Cozy today! This was a custom order for someone who saw my first cozy on Instagram. Again, I knitted a large cozy for a six-cup tea pot (which is why it looks a bit awkward on my 2-cup tea pot!). I made the octopus first, then the tea cozy, then sewed the octopus on as if it was a pom-pom, and then embellished the bottom of the cozy with crocheted seaweed. This time I only put pipe cleaners in the first two tentacles of the octopus rather than in all eight legs. It helped with attaching the octopus, and looks a little cleaner (I think).

You can read about the patterns I used for the octopus, tea cozy, and seaweed here.
You can read (and watch a video) about how I assembled the octopus here.

Interested in ordering your own Octopus Tea Cozy? Email me for details: annaknitsetc@gmail.com. Please allow six weeks for completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...