Saturday, May 19, 2012

graduation, etc.

My friend Julia graduates from BU Law this weekend. I've been wanting to knit a mini-version of the knitted bag I made a few weeks ago as a gift bag. Since I was planning to give Julia a pair of earrings for a graduation gift, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test the pattern.

I started with this Classic Elite Yarns pattern, but I made a few changes:

First, I used thinner yarn than was suggested. I decided to go with Cascade Cotton Rich DK Yarn in white, which I bought on Jimmy Beans Wool, with size 4US needles. I then cut the pattern in half, basically, by reducing the cast on number from 31 to 16 stitches. I hope to have the adjusted pattern on anna knits, etc. soon. It makes a super cute gift bag, or travel jewelry case.


I found these amazing pink, neon earrings at Crush on Charles St. I may have to buy a pair for myself...


I also used my new letterpress machine to make this graduation card. I got the paper on sale at Paper Source.


~ Tanti auguri, Julia! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...