Tuesday, May 22, 2012

braids, etc.

Today is a rainy day in Boston.

www.weather.com


With 94% humidity, even my super straight hair is puffing up. In times like these I turn to the french braid. It keeps my hair out of my face and under control. I wanted to try something different so I went for what I'm calling a crown braid. I started with an inside-out sweeping french braid (you can read my post about this style here), but rather than finishing with the braid low I continued the braid as long as I could and then wrapped the end around my head. I tried to lock it down with bobby pins, and it has stayed mostly up, despite a hooded walk in the rain down Charles St. I kind of like it messy anyway!


After I finished this style, I was reminded of the half-crown braid look Claire Danes wore in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet. The blog Hairdresser on Fire has a bunch of stills from the ball scene. Here are a few:




This style is more of a twist than a braid. I love the way it acts as a halo for her costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...