Monday, January 13, 2014

books, etc. - 100 flowers to knit & crochet


I don't own many crafting books. I usually turn to blogs, Ravelry, and Pinterest for inspiration and new patterns. So when I saw 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More at Michaels, I hesitated to buy it. But since I have long wanted to make a set of tea cozies inspired by different flowers, I thought it would be a worth while purchase for me. 

While the book does not include specific yarn or needle size suggestions for each pattern, I am hoping that the detailed pictures will be enough to help choose the right materials. From browsing the book, some of my favorite flowers include the crocheted pansies and knit filed poppies. The carrots or radishes would be an adorable accessory to a reusable grocery bag. 

It is still definitely winter here in Boston, but that won't stop me from bringing a little bit of spring into my (knitting) life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...