Sunday, April 28, 2013

anna cooks - french onion soup

Last week I made french onion soup. It was a delicious and easy weeknight meal, so I thought I'd share what I did...



I basically followed Tyler Florence's recipe, but only used one large onion and a third of the rest of the ingredients to yield 2 servings. I was also sure to use a day-old roll (which I had gotten at the amazing Cambridge bakery, Hi Rise).

The other change I made was instead of putting the soup ( + roll and gruyere sprinkled on top) in the broiler, I just put it in a 450F oven for 10 minutes. I have an old oven, which doesn't do well on broil, and this method, which I read about in the french cookbook I Know How to Cook, worked perfectly well.

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...