Tuesday, December 4, 2012

anna knits - red hope hat

After knitting this hope hat, I was commissioned to make another. It is for a man, so I decided to make a solid red one.


I used the same HOPE design from Knit Circus, which you can find here, but I changed the way I knit the body of the hat - I was not super happy with the fit of my first hat. 

Instead of following the Knit Circus pattern, I used the Turn a Square pattern (minus the color work) by  Brooklyn Tweed, which you can download for free here. The pattern got great reviews on Ravelry and it was easy to follow. 

Here are a few pictures of the progress:




Because the back of the hat was red and not blue, I knitted the red sections of the pattern fair isle style and then used duplicate stitching for the blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...